These are the advertisements the internet dumped off immediately. We’re reading about the controversial ads the internet couldn’t help but discard. There are some things we love to hate. Which commercial did you boycott online? Let us know in the comments!
1) Dove commercial: Dove has faced disapproval after it posted a racially insensitive ad. on social media. The beauty brand posted a 3-second video on its US Facebook page on Friday, showing a black female removing her top to reveal a smiling white female underneath. The brand apologized and removed the clip.
2) Pepsi Ad.: Pepsi pulls controversial Kendall Jenner ad. after hullabaloo. The ad. has flashed accusations that Pepsi has appropriated a racial protest drive to sell a global carbonated drinks brand.
3) Tanishq Ekatvam: The main criticism levelled at the ad was that it promoted so-called ‘love jihad’ – a provocative term used to refer to inter-faith relationships.
4) Durex Cricketing Fun: It is a series of ads comprising of cricketing terms with sexual inferences such as run-out, sledging, and obstructing the field. Its more disgusting than Pun-ny(Funny).
5) Gillette We Believe: Gillette made a wave of loathing with this controversial ad. highlighting ‘Toxic Masculinity’.